Add Links To Your WordPress Blog : If you’re just beginning to learn about blogging using WordPress You are likely thinking about how to make hyperlinks from your blog to other websites.
Making links lets you communicate important information from other websites to your readers. This lets you connect to the world-wide internet community. It is the reason why the internet is often called “the web”.
The procedure to create an online link for your blog will depend on the location you wish the link to be displayed. I will guide you on how to include the link to your blog post as well as in the sidebar menus.
How to Add Links to a Blog Post
Linking to the blog post is very simple. This process will be explained in detail. can also be used to add the link to a webpage.
- For starters, log in into your WordPress dashboard. You can either create an entirely new post or modify an already existing one. Once you’ve done that, you will appear at the screen for editing your post.
2. If you don’t have text on your blog yet then you’ll need to write whatever you would like the link’s text to read. This is also known by”the “anchor text” of the link. For instance, “Click here” is an extremely popular anchor text. When you have the text you would like to include in your link, you’ll have to click on the text by using the mouse and highlight it. In the image below, I’ve highlighted the words, “create a hosting account”.
3. Then, click on the icon for a paperclip (circled with red) right above the blog post’s text box.
4. There will be an open-ended box. In the text box titled “URL” you will enter the address of the webpage that you wish for your link.
Important: The address must be preceded by http https or http or https
5. After you’ve entered the address of the website you wish to link to then click “Add Link”. After that, you must hit”Update”. Click the”blue “Update” button to update your blog post. Your link will appear on your blog page for all to be able to
How to Add Links to Your Menus
We will now discover how to add links into the sidebar menu menu of your blog. The sidebar is in which you can see items such as links to recent posts, your most recent comments or categories. It’s also a frequent spot for bloggers to include what is known as”blogroll” or “blogroll” which is simply an index that includes links for other blogs. This is how you can include links to your sidebar menus:
- Click on “Plugins ==> Add New” and enter “link manager” in the search box. Click “Search Plugins”.
- It should appear as the Link Manager plugin first in the results of your search. Then click “Install Now” and then click “Activate Plugin” on the next page.
- This plugin has added an additional item on the left menu on your WordPress dashboard, titled “Links”. Click on “Links ==> Add New” to create an existing link.
- Then, you’ll need to enter the text of your link (anchor text) in the “Name” box, and the URL of the page that you want to link with in the “Web Address” box. When you’re finished you can hit”Add Link” in the green “Add Link” button on the right.
- Once you’ve created links, you have to choose the location it will be placed within your site. To do this, click on the left menu on your dashboard, and then select “Appearance ==> Widgets”.
- You are now on Widgets’ page. Widgets are merely useful tools that you can include to the menus on the menus of your WordPress blog. To the left of the widgets page, you’ll find the widgets that are available. To the right of the page, you’ll see the menus (your menus may differ from the one shown dependent on the theme you choose on your site). In order to include a widget,, simply drag and drop it from the available widgets onto the menu that you wish to include it in. We’d like to include”Links” as a widget “Links” widget, so we’ll drag and drop it into the menu that is appropriate.
- Once you’ve placed your “Links” widget where you would like it to be, you can choose the options you wish to use and then hit on the “Save” button.
- Your link is available in the blog sidebar!